5 Ways To Fall Into Fitness
- Take Advantage Of The Weather – Fall can be a treat for the senses: the crisp air, apple picking, pumpkin carving, a gorgeous canopy of fall foliage, and the crunch of leaves underfoot. These months are a great time to exercise outdoors and enjoy cooler temperatures.
- Move While You Watch TV – Many people get geared up for fall premieres of their favorite television shows. While you watch, utilize some indoor fitness equipment or try just moving during the commercials – in a one-hour show, you probably have close to 20 minutes worth of commercial interruption.
- Integrate Exercise Into Every Day Life – Find ways to add a little extra movement into each day. Park farther away from your destination, take the stairs instead of elevators, take a walk during your lunch break.
- Darkness – It’s getting darker earlier, and staying dark later in the morning, so be smart and safe. If you choose to workout outside before sunrise in the morning or after dark in the evening – wear a reflective vest or affix a light to your helmet or bike. Or, get prepared for the snow and outfit your home with indoor exercise equipment like a treadmill or home gym.
- Dress Appropriately – When exercising outside, layer your clothing. Before your body warms up, you may feel chilled, but once the blood gets pumping, you’ll feel overdressed. And don’t forget the sunglasses, just because it isn’t summer doesn’t mean you shouldn’t protect your eyes from the sun.
It takes about 4 weeks for the body to adapt to lifestyle changes. That’s why people who give up on their fitness programs tend to do so within the first 30 days. So start now and persevere – it will get easier to stick with it!