The Concept2 SkiErg makes the sport of Nordic skiing available to everyone. Long recognized as delivering one of the toughest workouts around, Nordic skiing develops both strength and endurance and exercises the legs as well as the arms and core. The SkiErg can be used for both double pole and classic alternating arm technique.
The SkiErg uses the same flywheel resistance and electronic monitoring systems as our indoor rower, the proven choice of rowing athletes around the world since 1981, so you can rest assured that the machine is made to last. As well as being durable and well built, the SkiErg is sophisticated too, with an advanced monitor that provides immediate, accurate performance data.
Whether you’re an elite cross-country skier looking to improve your poling power, a weekend enthusiast wanting to get into shape for the ski season, or just someone looking for a great workout, the SkiErg will help you achieve your goals.
The Performance Monitor is what sets the Concept2 SkiErg apart from other cross-country training devices: sophisticated yet easy to use, it allows you to accurately assess your output, monitor your progress, and compare your scores with others. Each SkiErg comes with Concept2's most advanced Performance Monitor, the PM5.
- Wireless Heart Rate Monitoring - The PM5 supports ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart for wireless heart rate monitoring. To use this feature, you will need a chest belt that supports one of these transmission technologies. Please note that the PM5 supports Bluetooth Smart, not Bluetooth, which is a different technology.
- USB Flash Drive Compatible - The PM5 provides two means of storing your performance data: the internal memory in the monitor itself or with a USB flash drive . The USB flash drive stores your workout data and preferences, and makes your data portable. With our free Concept2 Utility software, you can upload data to your online logbook or transfer data to your Mac or PC. Compatible with FAT and FAT32 USB formats only.
- Power Generation - The PM5 takes two D cell batteries. During your workout, the monitor draws power from the spinning flywheel to extend battery life.
- Games - On those days when you need a little extra motivation or just want a break from your regular routine, check out the PM5 Games. They’re also great teaching tools for both kids and adults! Choose from the Fish Game, Darts, Target Training and Biathlon.
- Racing - The accuracy of the Performance Monitor makes it ideal for racing and competition. With a PM5, you can compete against your teammates or workout rivals, whether they're in the same room or on another continent. The PM5 supports wired machine to machine racing.
Free Standing or Wall Mounted - The SkiErg can be either mounted on a wall or used with a floor stand. Wall mounting provides the most compact option, while the floor stand, with its anti-skid deck and caster wheels, provides an all-in-one solution that makes the SkiErg mobile. Either way, the SkiErg is easy to assemble, and we provide all the tools you’ll need to do the job.
- Flywheel and Damper - The SkiErg responds to your effort on every pull, so you are in full control of your exertion and resistance at all times. The spiral damper allows you to quickly adjust the airflow to the flywheel, so you can change the feel of the pull to suit your preference. Whether you want your workout to feel like you’re on flat terrain or an uphill climb, the SkiErg will respond to your needs.
High Strength Drive Cords - The SkiErg relies on high-strength cords in its drive system. Much stronger than steel, the cords are also extremely lightweight, resulting in a system that is responsive and smooth.
Ergonomic Strapless Handles - The SkiErg’s ergonomic, strapless handles provide for a comfortable, secure grip.
Durable Construction That's Easy To Maintain - Concept2's machines are well-known for their durability and construction. Tough and built to last, our machines withstand rigorous use in Nordic ski centers, living rooms, health clubs and military bases around the world. Concept2 makes sure their machines are easy to care for so you can focus on using your investment, not maintaining it.
- USB flash drive for storing your workout data.
- Performance Monitor with Quick Start Guide.
- SkiErg Product Manual.
- Tools and illustrated assembly instructions.
Floor Stand - The floor stand provides an alternative method of supporting the SkiErg if wall mounting is not an option. It makes the SkiErg free standing, allowing you to use the SkiErg anywhere. With a steel support and wood interior, the floor stand is tough and well-built, yet has caster wheels to move it easily into and out of place. The anti-skid, wear-resistant base offers firm footing.
- The floor stand is suitable for use with most wheelchairs.
- Floor stand base dimensions: 24" x 52"
- Floor stand installed on SkiErg dimensions: 24" x 52" x 85"
- Heart Rate Chest Belt - A compatible chest belt is needed to display pulse rate.