Chin-ups are arguably the best upper body resistance exercise around. There is no other exercise that can replace its functional value; and no, the lat pull down is a not a suitable replacement. Not only do chins build the back and biceps, the abdominals, chest and grip get a workout as well.
A chin-up bar in a gym is also a highly useful fixture, given that it can also be used as an anchor for rings, bands or a TRX.
Sadly, most chin-up bars do not answer the call. Most are bolted together from a number of pieces, which suffer after hours of swinging and kipping. Most are also chrome or gloss finished, which means they become slippery and fail to hold the chalk.
The Xtreme Monkey Bar itself is bolted flush to the support brackets so there is no play or movement, just a solid fixture that will take any weight up to 400kg! The chin bar can also be mounted on the ceiling for a vertical drop.
33" out from the wall to provide plenty of room for kipping for even the biggest people, and is coated in a textured matte black power coat, which looks tough, resists abuse and ensures a good grip.
- 33" from wall.
- 45" wide.
- 2' Verticle wall attach bracket.
- Textured matte black power coat.
- 7 hole bolt pattern on each support bracket to ensure fitment.
- 14 bolts supplied with each cell. Installation of bolts require a masonry drill-bit and socket.
- Failure to install correctly could result in serious injury!